Saturday, August 22, 2009


Some days begin by dropping your doughnuts


The other day at around 9:00 am we were going to the Medina and a friend offered for us to try a Moroccan dougnut from a vendor. So we walk over, purchase, and she dips the aromatic goodness into a plate of nearby sugar. Now you would think that I would have remembered that these doughnuts were fresh, meaning they had just come out of the hot oil when I reached out to take one off of a ring made of a long stalk of some green plant, but I didn't remember...I put my hand on one of the five doughnuts hanging on the string, burned my finger and caused all five doughnuts to fly off of the ring and into the street. I quickly rushed to pick them up and almost dropped them again because they were so hot. Then I looked around and saw my friends laughing which made me begin to laugh until I cried and almost drooled because my mouth was hanging open. So there I am standing on a busy sidewalk laughing, crying, and all the while trying to switch the doughnuts from hand to hand without dropping them again. Eventually we got the doughnuts back on the plant ring told the vendor thanks again, as he looked at us in a very bewildered manner, and we walked into the Medina. The rest of the day was pretty great!

3 comments:

  1. this story made me laugh out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cando, even on another continent you are beautifully and perfectly you. Love the doughnut story...eat an extra one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahaha! that really makes me laugh

    ReplyDelete