Friday, July 16, 2010
HOME SWEET HOME
So I have been back in the states for almost a month and am realizing just how LOVED I am by my family and friends! It's not that I didn't know that I was LOVED but every conversation seems so fresh, new, rich and time is flying by so fast that I just keep looking up and it's 11:00pm again. I have been able to take time to enjoy the things I missed over the year in random order:
1. ICEE s -( You know the one with the Polar Bear on it) oh and lemonade
2. Ham/ Bacon
3. Riding a bike
4. Running at any hour of the day I choose :)
5. Good Pizza
7. Standing in a line without being yelled at or cut in front of...
8. AC- but sometimes it's just cranked up too high and I am freezing
9. MEXICAN FOOD
11. Wearing shorts
12. crossing streets and not fearing for my life
14. Humidity- ha ha never thought I'd say that
15. getting errands accomplished quickly
16. dancing in public- oh yeah watch out now?!
17. English- a break from constantly trying to say things correctly in another language
18. Public parks to read in /walk through/ picnic in
19. Public Libraries!
20. Lake Michigan- BEACH!
21. My guitar
22. Mr. Hatchett- pet frog R.I.P (died right before I returned)
and the list goes on. I have had a chance to reconnect so easily with family, hold my new nephew, ride in new vehicles, play and sing music, and most importantly play music with the people dearest to me. I have also been able to meet up with friends that had a year full of interesting challenges, triumphs, etc. The entire time that I am able to spend time with those who know me best I am overwhelmed with gratitude and joy at the fact that these people have always been there and will most likely be there when I return from just about anywhere. They are there to embrace me and hear the stories that I don't get to always share about the experience. They are there to teach me about the things that have changed or things that I have missed. They are there to help me reflect and prepare for another year overseas. They are there to remind me of who I am and why I do the things I do each day. They are there to question the aspects of my life that have recently changed. They are there to pray with me for guidance. They are there to make me laugh until I cry. I am so blessed to be a part of so many wonderful peoples lives. I just hope that I am and will be just as good a friend to them as they have been to me. My mom would always say, " A friend LOVES at all times." and this is true of so many. I thank God and all of those closest to my heart!
Posted by Candace at 10:34 AM