Monday, August 24, 2009



Random finds on the rooftop
The other day we were taking in the view from a friends rooftop and I was awestruck by the expanse of the land and buildings. I was taking deep breaths and thinking, "did I ever imagine being in such a beautiful place?" Then I turned around and saw countless satelite dishes, laundry, a tray of onions, and even a couple of bikes. My immediate conclusions were that laudry would get direct sunlight on the roof, a tray of onions would maybe taste better after being baked in the sun or maybe the heat would kill any bugs, but I am baffled by the bikes. Do people ride them on the roof? How did they get the bikes up there and why doesn't anybody else have bikes on the roof? Any guesses? I guess I am used to roofs serving as solely shelter, but storage or entertainment are all reasonable uses as well.

2 comments:

  1. They are probably up there to keep them safe...a bike is harder to steal if it is on a roof!
    Soak in some of that beauty for me today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cando- I am loving hearing all of your stories and seeing your pictures!

    Will be thinking of you often and can't wait to hear stories about teaching in N. Africa!

    I totally understand the school supply excitement, by the way! :<) Addie started preschool last week !!!

    ReplyDelete