Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Preparing for North Africa

I have spent the last months preparing to teach in North Africa! I am taking a leave of absence for one year from Bottenfield Elementary School to teach first through third graders in North Africa. I will be teaching math, science, reading, and writing in English! My dearest friends and family have showered me with their kindness, generosity, and support throughout this whole process (i.e. packing my apartment, moving my 'stuff' into a friends basement in the pouring rain, organizing my documents (there was a 'method to the madness' of my filing system, but I have reluctantly been shown a better way...thanks MK :) , countless meals, offers of housing until I leave for training, etc). I am overwhelmed with gratitude. Everyone has been so wonderful and many people have asked how they can help or be a part of my journey. One way you can help is by praying for my coworkers and I as we learn new curriculum and build relationships with the students we will teach.

5 comments:

  1. Where in the world is Candance Hatchett? I love it! Will of course be following your adventure and looking forward to pictures and stories of the amazing North Africa. Love to you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying and I will be all over your business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock on. Will be praying for you, and totally think you should get a picture of you wearing a wide-brimmed red hat for your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did more than just 'figure out how to blog'!! How did you make your super cute bulletin board header?

    Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you, Candace! I can't wait to hear your great stories and see your pics. Post as often as you can. I will miss you- but can't wait for us all to get together when you get back for a MEGA girls weekend... we will start planning that now. :<)

    ReplyDelete